Due to the configuration of the under-the-hood components of the new Jeep JL, there is no longer room to mount a Dual ARB air compressor. Our solution to that problem is to mount the Dual ARB Compressor in the sealed compartment below the cargo area. This has the following benefits:
- Keeps everything dry
- Sound insulation – very quiet during operation
- Concealed – keeps the compressor eye candy away from prying eyes
- Proper use of space – most of the time when hauling cargo, it would be very tough to get to anything stored in this cargo compartment. For this reason, it makes sense to mount things in there that don’t need to be accessed often. The compressor and battery or air tank is perfect for that space.
Caveat – If you plan on running your compressor for extended periods of time, providing for some airflow will be beneficial. When possible, this mounting position pairs very well with our M.A.S.S. cargo platform. The platform allows for more than sufficient airflow and the aluminum plate acts as a large heat sink quick dispersing the heat.
NOTE: The battery box and the air tank occupy the same space on this product. For that reason, you cannot mount the battery and the tank on this bracket.
100% Made in the USA
As our company name proudly suggests, all of the products we build are made right here in the USA. This one is no exception.
This bracket is precision laser cut by a fiber laser and maintains a .005″ tolerance on all cuts.
The tray is held into the cargo compartment of the Jeep JL using two OEM bolts and existing threaded holes. No drilling is required to mount this bracket.
The battery tray and air tank options are held down using 8 metric allen bolts.
Efficient Use of Space
This bracket makes use of every ounce of space in the Jeep JL cargo compartment. Holes are pre-cut to offer endless opportunities to secure your wiring, hoses, etc.
The battery box is extremely secure and has multiple slots cut into it to help aid in cooling. We even cut into the bottom of the tray to allow for that extra little bit of airflow to the battery.
Power for all of your 12V Needs
The battery we use is made by Odyssey and perfectly matches the available space in the Jeep JL cargo compartment. More info on the PC1100 can be found on the Odyssey website.
|Pulse (5 second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA)||1100|
|Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)||500|
|20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)||45|
|Reserve Capacity Minutes||87|
Quick Wiring Kit
(Still under development)
The optional Quick Wiring Kit provides an easy way to get your power and air into your vehicle. When using this kit, it takes about 5 minutes to get your battery connected to power.
There are two main components of this kit:
- The 12V plug – this plug features a live voltage readout
- The self-resetting 15A circuit breaker. The OEM auxiliary power circuit in the Jeep JL is fused at 20A. For that reason, we fuse our auxiliary power wire at 15A; to further protect the OEM wiring.