Based on customer feedback, we are now providing a method to mechanically secure the fender to the bracket. These add-on tabs use the two outer bolts to add a tab that connects to the outside of the fender.
As with all of our products, we want to make our updates backwards compatible whenever possible. If financially possible, we’ll continue to make updates like this as cheap as we can on all of our products.
- Remove two outer bolts/nuts
- Place the bracket on top of the High-Line bracket with the tab to the outside (there is a driver and passenger bracket)
- Using two of the longer bolts provided and the original nuts, bolt the new bracket to the existing steel bracket.
- Using a 1/4″ drill bit, drill from inside the fender through the tab (while holding a small amount of pressure downward on the fender) and through the fender. Don’t drill your hand!
- Using the provided 6mm bolt and nut, secure the fender to the new bracket.